Welcome to Part Two...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the Quad for Mobile Film Stories!

This is your space to collaborate, share insights and ask questions to other community members. You'll need to register to interact.

Please keep all topics related to the mobile film community and industry.

Welcome to Part Two of the panel

35 Posts
4 Users
33 Likes
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter

Glad you could join us! This is the thread for Part Two of the Smartphone Filmmaking & Storytelling panel. Join us for an hour Q&A Session following the premier of the panel at 1pm January 7, 2021. 

If you have questions just reply.

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : January 7, 2021 2:12 pm
Al Garcia reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

Q&A for Part Two of the Smartphone Filmmaking and Storytelling. Join us! Reply to this link: https://mobilefilmstories.com/community/part-two-panel-smartphone-filmmaking-and-storytelling/welcome-to-part-two-of-the-panel/#post-133

@olsburger @sigfrido20 @Aaron @rhenkel @richteatv @leviaustinmorris @jamiellaurence @inga-vosk @al-garcia @people-4-people-productions @kateheffernan @aguillossou @ryan-mcdonald @tryianleer @myalismfilms @steven-palmer-peterson @rossperkins28 @bespectacledmofo @jsmithwriter @trond

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : January 7, 2021 2:32 pm
alex guillossou
(@aguillossou)
Active Member Registered

@susy hey there. Listening to the podcast now.

Posted : January 7, 2021 2:34 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@aguillossou LOL Not a podcast but...see you here after. ? 

Posted : January 7, 2021 2:41 pm
alex guillossou
(@aguillossou)
Active Member Registered

@susy LOL. Listening and working, so thinking of it as a podcast.

Posted : January 7, 2021 2:45 pm
Al Garcia and Susy reacted
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Eminent Member Registered

@susy Listening now, Susy. I signed on late, my bad hehe. But the panel's thoughts on sound/audio is very cool. I hate recording live sound, but I love doing foley sound 🙂

Posted : January 7, 2021 3:01 pm
Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@olsburger See you back here soon.

Posted : January 7, 2021 3:04 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

Okay folks, if you are late that is fine. I am starting the timer on the Q&A Panel now for an hour. I have one question for you who were on the panel...what did you think?

Posted : January 7, 2021 3:11 pm
alex guillossou
(@aguillossou)
Active Member Registered

@susy I'm glad my audio worked out. I was recently in another festival and when I listened to my interview, my hair kept brushing against the headphone mic as I talked. Thankfully the topic wasn't good audio. I really enjoyed listening again to everyone's experience with mobile phones.

Posted : January 7, 2021 3:15 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@aguillossou Hahaha That's funny. I think you should elaborate a little about your mindset for your stories. Because it's not easy sharing personal stories in a way that others can "feel" them from your perspective. I think it's got a lot to do with the success of your films.

Posted : January 7, 2021 3:17 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@Aaron Hi! Glad you could make it today too. ? 

Posted : January 7, 2021 3:19 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

What was your favorite part of the video panel, @Aaron? 

Posted : January 7, 2021 3:25 pm
alex guillossou
(@aguillossou)
Active Member Registered

you mean the "tear factor?" It's sort of like how I approach exhibit panels. I hate to read signage and yet my job is to make interpretive signs. So, the idea is that if I can make it visually appealing with a really interesting and short story, enough to make me want to read it, then I know other people will. The same is with my film work. I like personal stories. People have such interesting things to say and I think a lot of times the delivery of documentaries is what fails them. I try to use the music and pacing and story, almost like a dance (says the former dancer) to choreograph an emotional experience. The joke is that if I can get someone to cry, I succeeded. But that can be crying, or laughing or just thinking. 

Posted : January 7, 2021 3:26 pm
Susy and Oliver Richards reacted
alex guillossou
(@aguillossou)
Active Member Registered

and honestly, half the time I don't know what it is. I just know it feels right...at least for me. But that approach has been pretty successful for me so I figure I should stick with it and not bog myself down with too much "film school" process.

Posted : January 7, 2021 3:29 pm
Al Garcia and Susy reacted
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Eminent Member Registered

Just finished listening. Well done, everyone, awesome podcast! 🙂

Posted : January 7, 2021 3:30 pm
Susy reacted
Page 1 / 3
Share: