Welcome to Part Two...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the Quad for Mobile Film Stories!

This is your space to collaborate, share insights and ask questions to other community members. You'll need to register to interact.

Please keep all topics related to the mobile film community and industry.

Welcome to Part Two of the panel

35 Posts
4 Users
33 Likes
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter

In order to wrap up this Q&A Session. Why don't each of you share your website links? This is a public forum so it will be here for anyone, even non-members to see. So go ahead and share your website links and for anyone reading this...go watch the panel videos. This two-part series was a lot of fun and I appreciate all the panelists. Thanks Aaron, for joining us on the second panel and Oliver...thanks for participating on both Q&A's yesterday and today. Alexandra, thank you too. Come back here anytime and let's keep sharing our thoughts and ideas with regards to mobile filmmaking and smartphone video. The Quad is your space to connect, collaborate and share. Wishing you all a wonderful rest of the week! @olsburger @aguillossou @aaron

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : January 7, 2021 4:08 pm
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Eminent Member Registered

@susy You talked about some great stuff. Most importantly, how story is the most key factor to any film. But I liked that you talked about sound too, because as much as story is the most important factor, film-making is a technical process. All departments have to be respected and that's where finding your team is vital. People say that the film industry is very closed and 'cliquey', but I understand why. If you find the people that you know and trust and can provide all the elements that allow you to bring that story to life, then why change that... 

Posted : January 7, 2021 4:10 pm
Al Garcia and Susy reacted
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Eminent Member Registered

@susy https://www.olsburgerfilms.com/  

Posted : January 7, 2021 4:12 pm
Al Garcia and Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter

@olsburger Good point on that last part, Oliver. The integrity you build with your team is reciprocal...you can grow your team but once you have all the crew you need you don't want to replace them. Sometimes, you want backup crew members but they also need to have your trust and gotta work well together. The crew is the "machine" to create the magic. ? 

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : January 7, 2021 4:14 pm
Al Garcia reacted
Al Garcia
(@al-garcia)
New Member Registered

Hi, @susy. Hi everyone!

I’m sorry I missed the Q&A. It looks like I’ve been kind of lost during this whole thing, haha.

I couldn’t see the entire panel because the batteries of my phone just dropped dead, but I enjoyed very much what I saw.

Thank you very much for this, @susy and thanks everybody on the panel. Listening to all of you talking about your experiences as filmmakers is always very exciting and very inspiring.

I haven’t seen your films yet but I hope to catch up soon.

Posted : January 7, 2021 7:37 pm
Susy reacted
Page 3 / 3
Share: