Q and A Session Day...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the Quad for Mobile Film Stories!

This is your space to collaborate, share insights and ask questions to other community members. You'll need to register to interact.

Please keep all topics related to the mobile film community and industry.

Q and A Session Day Two

70 Posts
8 Users
78 Likes
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter

@anthonybradford using a tripod can be challenging because when you are by yourself to use the best cam on the phone the screen is not facing you so it’s hard. Did you have to use it for moving shots at all?

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:47 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@carterlil did you know @aguillossou is also involved with dancers and is an experienced dancer herself? 

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:50 pm
AnthonyBradford
(@anthonybradford)
Active Member Registered

I still used the back camera, and would just set everything using FiLMiC Pro, and then jump in front of the camera and do a few test takes to line it all up and then record using the back camera (not selfie one). From having to do self tape auditions, I've gotten really comfortable pressing play and then jumping in front of the camera and then doing the scene. For the steady shots in "Raiders" I did have to use selfie camera I believe, as I set out to make this film entirely solo, so for those ones I needed to see where I was in the shot, but the stationary/tripod shots I used the back camera. 

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:53 pm
Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

So I have a question for all of you. If you have seen the book...I want to give a shout out to @Aaron and get some feedback on the book. What do you think? @aguillossou, did you get to see the photos of you in the book yet? 

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:54 pm
Lillian Carter
(@carterlil)
Eminent Member Registered

@susy

This is my first film.  I had no reservations about creating film with my phone.  As soon as I realized I could create art on film with my iphone,

I said, "I wanna get on that Ferris wheel before it takes off!  This experience has changed me.  So much more to say, write, explore!!!!

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:55 pm
Susy reacted
TheJenniferZhang
(@thejenniferzhang)
Active Member Registered

I very sadly have to take my leave -- I'm at my sister's today and trying to help with her baby duties! But such a pleasure being able to chat about this project and hear about all of yours, and am very looking forward to tomorrow!

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:56 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@anthonybradford I've had to do that myself. Usually for still shots it's easier. I use visual markers for head room because I hate cropping video. But it can be difficult when moving around a bit. Reporters used to do it a lot! 

TheJenniferZhang
(@thejenniferzhang)
Active Member Registered

Congrats to everyone for the incredible feats of mobile filmmaking, and such a huge and hearty THANK YOU to Susy for championing this artform so tierelessly! 

Susy and Lillian Carter reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@thejenniferzhang 1pm sharp, Jennifer! I hope you'll make it. Thanks for being in our Q&A. I don't want this to take long, actually. My last question was about the book. 

Want to give all of you a chance to continue watching the films.

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:57 pm
Lillian Carter
(@carterlil)

@susy

Booklet is fabulous!

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:58 pm
Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@carterlil Wow...I did not realize it's your first film. Amazing! Congratulations, Lillian!

Posted : April 24, 2021 3:01 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

All right everyone, I suppose this concludes the Q&A Session for Day Two. I hope you all got something from this and it shall reside here. Thank you for being a part of it! Hope you are enjoying the films and tomorrow is the Awards Ceremony. A new link will appear for that at 1pm PST in the film festival secret page. So don't post it here. Thank you again and congratulations to all of you for creating great films! 

Posted : April 24, 2021 3:04 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

FYI: This session was officially a one hour session. Perfect! ? 

Posted : April 24, 2021 3:05 pm
Lillian Carter
(@carterlil)

@athenae

Hi, love the work you do!!! Art offering a message.  Working on a film regarding Alzheimer and dementia.  Experimental work regarding the life of such a patient.

Posted : April 24, 2021 3:12 pm
Susy reacted
alex guillossou
(@aguillossou)
Active Member Registered

@susy sorry. I had to step out. I sure didn't. Would like to.

Posted : April 24, 2021 3:13 pm
Susy and admin reacted
Page 4 / 5
Share: