Awards Final Q&A Se...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the Quad for Mobile Film Stories!

This is your space to collaborate, share insights and ask questions to other community members. You'll need to register to interact.

Please keep all topics related to the mobile film community and industry.

Awards Final Q&A Session

35 Posts
10 Users
45 Reactions
Lillian Carter
(@carterlil)
Eminent Member Registered

Congrats to all the winners!  This is my first film festival and what a blast! 

Susy thank you for all your hard work and great taste in films.

I will continue to produce work on my iPhone.  Can't stop now.

Thanks 

Lil

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:41 pm
Susy and Richteatv reacted
Richteatv
(@richteatv)
Trusted Member Registered

@susy

we will have to do that one day as well with J & M

Rich

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:42 pm
TheJenniferZhang
(@thejenniferzhang)
Active Member Registered

This award and this festival are so, so, so very important for so many reasons. Please forgive the clunkiness of this speech because I'm improvising on the spot. I didn't expect for a second to actually win! Quarantine this year forced us all into a box, and our mobile phones became both the window to the outside world, and the primary way for EVERYONE to broadcast creativity. After all, not all of us got locked in with traditionally "professional" cameras, but we all got locked in with our mobile phones. Making a whole feature in one location with no crew and just a phone seemed ludicrous until I actually started endeavoring to do it. And I quickly learned how much power was in the palm of my hand. Mindblowing. I want to thank Susy for having the foresight over TEN YEARS AGO to predict how important our smartphones would become in broadcasting our individual stories. I want to thank my co-star Eric Radic for not only delivering a powerhouse performance, but also being a support system and a source of endless humor and light through this challenge. I want to thank the judges for this IMMENSE HONOR. It's been a rough year for Asian women. The odds seem stacked against us. I'm going to be drawing from the joy of this win to keep me inspired and to KEEP GOING. <3 And thank you to everyone who watched the film and therefore gave this project meaning. I'm overcome with love. THANK YOU!   

This post was modified 3 years ago by TheJenniferZhang

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:43 pm
TheJenniferZhang
(@thejenniferzhang)
Active Member Registered

@susy I AM 100000% IN FOR A CELEBRATORY LUNCH! You are a HERO and you are owed a HUGE HUG!

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:44 pm
TheJenniferZhang
(@thejenniferzhang)
Active Member Registered

@aaron Thank you! 😍 

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:45 pm
Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter

@carterlil Looking forward to your next creation! Thank you for participating! 😊📱🎬🌟

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:47 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@thejenniferzhang Oh! Did you hear that everyone? I’ll take all your tacos! 😂 Just kidding you all did exemplary work!!! 

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:49 pm
Richteatv reacted
AthenaE
(@athenae)
Active Member Registered

Congratulations again to the winners for their incredible films, and a BIG thank you to Susy and team for putting together a great program and giving us the chance to enjoy these great films.

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:50 pm
Susy and Lillian Carter reacted
TheJenniferZhang
(@thejenniferzhang)
Active Member Registered

@susy HELL YES. TACOS ON ME, EVERYBODY!!!!!! SUSY, YOU ASKED FOR IT! HOPE YOU CAN EAT AT LEAST TEN TACOS!!!! AT LEAST!!!!!!!!

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:51 pm
Susy reacted
Lillian Carter
(@carterlil)
Eminent Member Registered

@susy

So proud of what you are doing for film.  You are demonstrating how an everyday object if more than business.

I'll be back!  

Lil

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:53 pm
Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@thejenniferzhang This is the best speech! For anyone who wants to listen to Jennifer, she was a guest in our podcast and here’s the link! 
https://www.podpage.com/sbp-podcast-mobile-filmmaking/smartphone-feature-filmmaking-in-lockdown-with-jennifer-zhang/

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:53 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@carterlil 💖 Hope to see you in San Diego next year. Welcome to our mobile filmmaking family, Lillian! Thank you! 

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:55 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@thejenniferzhang hahaha OMG!!

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:56 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@athenae Athena your story was amazing and I look forward to more from you! Thank you for fully participating in the festival and your kind words and support for all the filmmakers! 

Posted : April 25, 2021 1:57 pm
AthenaE
(@athenae)
Active Member Registered

@susy I have definitely been inspired with all the films I saw, so maybe I'll try my hand at actually getting behind the camera next time:-)! Thank you so much again for including our short film. Hope to be here again in the future!

This post was modified 3 years ago by AthenaE

Posted : April 25, 2021 2:01 pm
Susy reacted
Page 2 / 3
Share: