Smartphone Filmmaki...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the Quad for Mobile Film Stories!

This is your space to collaborate, share insights and ask questions to other community members. You'll need to register to interact.

Please keep all topics related to the mobile film community and industry.

Smartphone Filmmaking Panels

27 Posts
5 Users
8 Likes
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Estimable Member Registered

All right so if any of you have a question on how best to use the forum...you can use the @ names to copy and paste to tag someone. You can reply to their comment. There is a little red arrow on the bottom right corner to bring you to the top of the window where there is a little Notification bell and you may need to refresh your browser to see new responses. 

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : January 6, 2021 3:35 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

I've drank a lot of coffee today. LOL So I am ready! ? 

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : January 6, 2021 3:36 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

Now that you have watched the panel, Oliver @olsburger, Kate @kateheffernan and you are here...was there anything you'd like to add or elaborate on? 

Posted : January 6, 2021 3:40 pm
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Eminent Member Registered

@susy I don't think there is anything I can elaborate on that was not said brilliantly by my fellow panelists. Very happy to take questions though 🙂

Posted : January 6, 2021 3:43 pm
Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

I would love someone to ask something. But I have a question about your special effects that you used in the space sequence you shared on Twitter. Did you shoot the footage in 4k and then bring it into your program? What did you use? Loved it!

Posted : January 6, 2021 3:46 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

Someone asked a question in another topic if anyone wants to answer it later. https://mobilefilmstories.com/community/filmmaking-tips/one-crew-member-short-mobile-film/

Posted : January 6, 2021 3:52 pm
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)

@susy Thank you very much. The original shot for that was done in 4k. I actually scaled it down to 1080 because the tracking software in Cinema4D slowed my computer down significantly. My Mac is good, but not that good haha. 

Posted : January 6, 2021 3:54 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

@olsburger Ha! I know what you mean. I always believe the best quality the footage that goes in for special effects the better and it makes a difference when exporting in a lower quality. It comes from past work and graphics.

Posted : January 6, 2021 3:56 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

I am going to stay vigilant to the forum for about 15 minutes and then I am going to have to leave. But I will check in with anyone that wants to comment. This conversation does not have to end and can stay open for this panel. 

For tomorrow's panel I will open a new comment under the same topic and we can reply to create a thread. Is everyone okay with that? I look forward to @aguillossou tomorrow as well, since you are in that Panel Alexandra! 

Really appreciate you all coming today. Hope you truly enjoyed the video, too! 

Posted : January 6, 2021 4:01 pm
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)

@susy Yes i agree. Does everyone (panel and audience) shoot in 4k for their films??

Posted : January 6, 2021 4:02 pm
Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

@olsburger Oh most likely not. But I will let them answer individually. I do if I am shooting shorter projects because of the space it consumes. Plus I am not using special effects. However for other quick short projects I do. I then convert to 1080 and it still looks better than if I shot in 1080 in the first place. 

Posted : January 6, 2021 4:04 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

Here is the link for the second part panel Q&A Today, January 7. https://mobilefilmstories.com/community/part-two-panel-smartphone-filmmaking-and-storytelling/welcome-to-part-two-of-the-panel/#post-133

Posted : January 7, 2021 3:05 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: