Q and A Session Day...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the Quad for Mobile Film Stories!

This is your space to collaborate, share insights and ask questions to other community members. You'll need to register to interact.

Please keep all topics related to the mobile film community and industry.

Q and A Session Day Two

70 Posts
8 Users
78 Likes
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter

@thejenniferzhang Hahahahaha There’s an idea! Pajama day like in school? 

Jennifer you edited and shot your entire feature with your phone. Does that experience motivate you to make another with your phone?

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:14 pm
alex guillossou
(@aguillossou)
Active Member Registered

Hi. Took me forever to prove I'm not a robot, but I'm here for a bit.

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:15 pm
Susy reacted
TheJenniferZhang
(@thejenniferzhang)
Active Member Registered

It definitely has convinced me that far more is possible with a phone than I previously thought possible. When I started the project, I actually had no idea whether or not it'd work. But when I edited the first scene directly on the same phone I had taken the footage with... the result was shockingly legit so I just kept going... for about 50 more straight days! haha!

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:16 pm
Lillian Carter and Susy reacted
AnthonyBradford
(@anthonybradford)
Active Member Registered

and congrats to all the other filmmakers here. I am def curious to hear about all your processes and how you went about making your films! 

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:17 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

Sorry about that! Your movies are very real! Share your film with us! Alexandra

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:18 pm
AthenaE
(@athenae)
Active Member Registered

@susy It started out a small project for SHARE, an organization that provides support to women with breast, ovarian or uterine cancer.  It's interesting that it took the direction it took. I have worked on bigger budget films with 35mm film, lighting packages and grip packages, sound design, original music, soup to nuts...I had no expectation other than to tell an honest story using my iphone so I asked my friend and creative collaborator Jen Spenningsby to edit the piece, but she ended up directing it too. Unfortunately she cannot be here today. The film ended up taking on a little life of its own. I had no intention of even submitting it to a festival, but people kept telling me to, so I took a chance and here I am, and was pleasantly surprised and grateful for the opportunity to be part of this great festival.

This post was modified 3 years ago by AthenaE

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:19 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@thejenniferzhang I can’t imagine that! How tedious was it? What app did you use?

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:21 pm
alex guillossou
(@aguillossou)
Active Member Registered

@susy if you're asking me, my film is "Out of Thin Air." I shot this one with the help of a cinematographer/musician/music producer/good friend. I made a short doc about an actor who was once a model and now is building furniture, all based on the art of available resources. We shot this in two afternoons and I edited two versions before I was happy with it. The audio came first but I never had the time to edit a cut before we started shooting. So it was all pretty much on the fly with me finding a way to put it all together in the end.

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:22 pm
TheJenniferZhang
(@thejenniferzhang)
Active Member Registered

@susy -- It was paradoxically both VERY tedious and limiting and yet VERY convenient and liberating! haha! I edited it in the app VideoShop, and I contacted the app developer with the film after it was completed. His mind was blown. He hadn't engineered it to be able to handle a full feature film and to his knowledge, I was the first person to use it for that purpose. 

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:24 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@athenae Glad you did! Unfortunately we could not hold the event live but our attendees and filmmakers during our festivals are very supportive of each others films no matter the genre. Alexandra Guillossou was in our last in person festival sharing a. Story about her brother and we all cried together. 

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:24 pm
AthenaE
(@athenae)
Active Member Registered

@aguillossou I loved your film.  I love how the story was told. You really brought the true meaning of art to life. 

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:25 pm
Lillian Carter
(@carterlil)
Eminent Member Registered

@susy

Hi People,

Lil here, creator of WOMAN.  Such inspiration coming from this festival!

Almost done with the shorts!!!  So cool!!! 

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:25 pm
Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Topic starter

@carterlil Share what motivated you to make your film which was very intriguing and abstract. I really enjoyed it. 

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:26 pm
Lillian Carter
(@carterlil)
Eminent Member Registered

@aguillossou

Ha!

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:26 pm
Susy reacted
AthenaE
(@athenae)
Active Member Registered

@carterlil Hi Lily, your film was such a beautiful portrait of a woman and all her truths. 

Posted : April 24, 2021 2:28 pm
Page 2 / 5
Share: