Mobile film project...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the Quad for Mobile Film Stories!

This is your space to collaborate, share insights and ask questions to other community members. You'll need to register to interact.

Please keep all topics related to the mobile film community and industry.

Mobile film projects.

8 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter

Hi all,

I was wondering what mobile film projects everyone is working on? How are they going and are there any problems people are having? I am currently organising my attic for a short horror film and my biggest problem is that it will only be myself in front and behind the camera haha. Has anyone else done this before? 

I look forward to hearing what everyone is working on :))

Best,

Ollie

Posted : October 3, 2020 5:37 am
Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Estimable Member Registered

Hi Oliver! I have to record a self presentation on video this week. Does that count? 😉 I can't wait to be out recording events. Last year I produced a short Halloween video that was lots of fun. 

Here is that link: https://youtu.be/YUm2_1eteCw  

Looking forward to your film. Really enjoyed your "Vacant" short. Great job!

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : October 12, 2020 5:19 pm
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Topic starter

@susy Hi Susy. Yes, of course it counts! ?  What is the presentation about? The halloween video was great. What phone are you using? The quality was amazing. Also, what is your sound set-up?

Thanks for your comments about Vacant. I've written the film as a feature film screenplay which I have to finish, and can hopefully get made one day... 🙂

Posted : October 13, 2020 1:47 am
Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

@olsburger Hi Oliver! I really really really liked your film, Vacant but I would love love love to see a longer film around your short. Just sayin...

Thanks for your remarks on the Halloween video. I shot it with the iPhone XR. No apps, just native camera. But I shot this film on the eve of Halloween and the next day I produced the video. I had created the music on Garageband for our Halloween podcast. 

Mic was Audio Technica Dynamic mic with XLR a la reporter style. iRig PRE is my setup. I'm in a relationship with XLR mics. LOL 

Share more about your video with us here too.

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : October 13, 2020 10:14 am
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

@olsburger Actually, you know what? Now that I remember...I did not end up using a mic setup at all. It was an impromptu interview. It's been a year and 2020 has been such a long year! But normally that is what I use. 

Posted : October 13, 2020 10:22 am
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Topic starter

@susy Thanks, Susy. I use an iRig Pre too. I was trained in film production using XLR mics so I still think they are best for professional shooting. But I also use a BOYA MM1 microphone which has very good audio quality in a controlled environment.

I want to get good at smartphone audio as I want to make films with dialogue which I haven't done with smartphone, yet lol. 

What's the deal with Halloween this year? Will you get a chance to make another video? I should have made another horror film for halloween, maybe there's still time... 

Ollie

Posted : October 13, 2020 12:24 pm
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

I don't know what is going on here in San Diego for Halloween...I've seen virtual Halloween events. I may go out and venture see what I find and create something about the 2020 Halloween. I have not heard of your mic yet. I think it's very important to have good sound for a film even if it's done externally and in post. 🙂 Looking forward to anything you create. You definitely have the talent and skill.

Posted : October 13, 2020 12:31 pm
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Topic starter

@susy Sound is vital, certainly. I love doing foley sound for my films. I could search for hours for tiny little sounds to add detail to a shot.

Thanks, I'll be creating new work soon, hopefully. I am currently in the middle of renovating a house, so I've been distracted from filmmaking recently. But I will get back on it soon and Create some new stuff 🙂

Posted : October 13, 2020 1:46 pm
Susy reacted
Share: