Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the Quad for Mobile Film Stories!

This is your space to collaborate, share insights and ask questions to other community members. You'll need to register to interact.

Please keep all topics related to the mobile film community and industry.

Editing

5 Posts
3 Users
7 Likes
Lillian Carter
(@carterlil)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter

Hi Group,

Curious in regards to editing.  I can't stop wanting to continue editing.  I know I have to let the film fly on it's own but I see so many moments that could have a different transition, music Que, color adjustment etc..  Anyone experience this?

Posted : February 21, 2021 3:59 am
Susy reacted
(@floyd)
New Member Registered

lol, I think this is a curse or blessing depending on how you look at it, that every creator who edits goes through. Yes, I experience it as well. So I have a second or third opinion watch every detail with me to decide when enough is enough. I f you don’t have co-creator, as another editor that you trust to help you decide and reciprocate. Good luck!

Posted : February 23, 2021 11:11 am
Susy reacted
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Estimable Member Registered

@Carterlil @floyd The thing is that filmmaking is a science and an art. There is a scientist inside you that want's to perfect the technical aspects of your film and the artist in you will never be done transforming your creation. I am worked as a graphics designer and I realized I could tweak and tweak forever if it not for the deadline. So Lillian...you are completely normal. One of the subjects I've discussed with some guests on the SBP Podcast! ? 

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

Posted : February 23, 2021 1:05 pm
Floyd reacted
Lillian Carter
(@carterlil)
Topic starter

@floyd Thanks for the response Floyd!  How brave do you have to be to have another peer edit your work?

I find it to be more essential than the filming.    The only way I can gage the film is through someone else who is not attached to the film at all.

Pure objectivity.  

Posted : February 25, 2021 5:51 am
Susy and Floyd reacted
Lillian Carter
(@carterlil)
Topic starter

@susy Thanks for the response!  Never thought of myself as a scientist.  Love that analogy!  I use science when I teach dance courses but didn't see the connection in film!   

Posted : February 25, 2021 5:55 am
Susy and Floyd reacted
Share: