Phones for filming ...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the Quad for Mobile Film Stories!

This is your space to collaborate, share insights and ask questions to other community members. You'll need to register to interact.

Please keep all topics related to the mobile film community and industry.

Phones for filming 🙂

9 Posts
3 Users
9 Likes
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello Everyone!

I am just wondering what phones people are using to making smartphone films? I am currently using an iPhoneX but always have friends recommending me other brands when I upgrade. What do people use and what do you like about them, or not like?

Also, does everyone here use Filmic Pro? I recently spoke with a filmmaker who said that when they tried to save Filmic footage to an internal SD card on an Android it failed to save and then automatically deleted his footage. Not cool! Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, Ciao! 🙂

Beraat GOKKUS and Susy reacted
ReplyQuote
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)
Estimable Member Registered

I think I may need to do a solo podcast on my thoughts on this one. Too long to write! There is irony in the expectations between mobile and traditional camera. Story is the most important part of filmmaking and audio is very important. ?I use old phones for my videos. iPhones. But Samsung has a good reputation. Camera apps are always being updated and so is the OS on the phone which can create conflicts with apps, just as memory and the other things we do on our phone and their settings. 

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

ReplyQuote
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Topic starter  

@susy Yeah a podcast would be interesting. And apps is another thing I am wondering about. filmic Pro are clearly leading the way in terms of film making apps, but Moment had an app too and tried to do a big marketing push but and I haven't heard much about people using their app and I don't see it widely publicised. Protake is one app I've recently downloaded and I'll try out. Does anyone use the native camera app, at all? 

Susy reacted
ReplyQuote
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

• @olsburgerplay with Musemage, Mavis, Procam...I get apps and forget sometimes. 🙂 

At the center of everything we experience is a story. Stories are always evolving. The only beginning and end to a story is the one that is told or the one we perceive.

ReplyQuote
Oliver Richards
(@olsburger)
Topic starter  

@susy Yeah I need to explore new apps instead of just sticking to Filmic the whole time ?

Happy Thanksgiving, but the way! ?

Susy reacted
ReplyQuote
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

@olsburger Thanks Oliver! Thank you also for all your support, participation with the platform and your enthusiasm! ✌️?

ReplyQuote
Beraat GOKKUS
(@beraat-gokkus)
New Member Registered

@olsburger I used iPhone 6S for a long time. It was great for me. 1080p HD was enough during a day. But of course like everyone knows during night shooting you need the light. My short film The Lost Pen shot by iPhone X. It was a big smartphone. I don’t like big phones :). Now using iPhone 11 Pro it’s almost as big as an iPhone 6S but with 3 great camera. So I am very happy with iPhone 11 Pro. Besides that I would like to use a Sony if I change my phone. Is there anyone who uses Sony ? How is it ?

Thanks and best regards 

BG

Susy reacted
ReplyQuote
Susy
 Susy
(@susy)

@beraat-gokkus Sony was the first smartphone to introduce 4k filming. I've been hearing some great things about the new Samsung. The stabilizer is really good...it's like using a gimbal. We've had several great films that used Samsung in the International Mobile Film Festival in San Diego. I think it's balancing the quality of the smartphone for all things and the camera as well. For me, I like IOS but I have seen Android footage that looks better at times than with IOS. I used to walk into Verizon and test them all. Spent a day there, made friends. ? 

ReplyQuote
Beraat GOKKUS
(@beraat-gokkus)
New Member Registered

@Susy thanks for info Susy!

Susy reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: